2001 Audi A6...Buying Advice

Hi Chaps!
I'm lookin at the 2001 Audi A6...its got 'bout 45000 miles on it...asking price $18000. Checked up CarFax...and it mentions that this one was involved in an
accident that was reported to the police, in 2002. It goes on to mention that it had no DMV reported total loss events. Drove it...drives well. Saw it...looks real nice
Asked the salesman...he said it had to have its right fender replaced and the hood had to be painted. I got a police case # from carfax, but dunno if there's any way i can pull up more info 'bout what actually happened...all carfax says is "Accident Reported- Vehicle involved in crash with another vehicle". Is there some way i can get more info on this?
What do u guyz say? Go or No Go?
Thanx in advance,
Z wrote:

I'd have a body shop take a look at it. If it was fixed properly it should be fine.
Thanx Jim!
I'm takin it to a body shop this weekend. Lets hope its all good.