2002 A4 cupholder

the cupholder that slides out of the dashboard just above the radio has to be a joke, right? i mean unless mine isn't unfolding correctly, there is no way you can put a drink into it. am i missing something? it just sort of slides out and creates a very shallow tray with no upward support for the drink.

Reply to
tockeyhockey

I bet your's isn't unfolding properly. If it was, the cup would be easy to put in the hole :)

BR, Sami

Reply to
Sami Heikkinen

Sounds like the frame isn't popping up. The upper section raises up a bit - the part towards the dash goes a little higher than the part away from the dash. It should do that when it opens up. It's actually more stable than it looks when it works properly. But still a terrible location.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

U¿ytkownik wrote

Can you pull it out further by hand?

Or are you trying to put a supersize-me type of cup in there? Those cupholders were designed for typical Euro size cups.

Cheers, Pete

Reply to
Pete

I didn't think Europeans were dumb enough to try and drink while driving. Are you saying they have metric-sized cups, and our SAE cups won't fit?

E=2EP.

Reply to
Ed Pirrero

You sure it is not the CD player? ;-)

Reply to
Ernest

We're not! I've never used a cupholder in a car!

Reply to
Peter Bell

if you had a dunkin donuts on your way into work, you would!

the cup holder is really for my wife, who likes to stop and get coffee on the road whenever we're going somewhere together.

but anyway -- the cup holder wouldn't hold a dixie cup the way it's > >

Reply to
tockeyhockey

My cupholder pops out, and a small tray unfolds underneath it, giving about 2 inches depth from bottom of tray to top side of cupholder frame. Definitely not enough to hold a bottle of water going around a turn at higher speed, which, after all, is what I got an Audi for.

So instead, the water bottle sits next to me on the left hand side, tucked inside the seatbelt so that it butts up against my hip. Gatorade bottles work too, almost anything that's capped. It's easy to reach when I'm stopped at a light.

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Yeah, there should be sprung folding bits which pop out top and bottom to support the cup. Maybe they're stuck - all jammed up with McDonalds Coke.

BTW, don't get lazy and leave one of those McDonalds Coke paper cups in the cup holder overnight - the stupid location of the cup holder means it'll fill your stereo and A/C controls full of sticky Coke.

My A/C controls stopped working properly for about 2 months due to this - even after I took the control panel right apart and cleaned it all up.

Reply to
Jim