2002 A4 service light

anyone know how to turn the service light off?

Reply to
tockeyhockey

It can be turned off with the VAG-tool.

Reply to
Robert

Reply to
Lez Pawl

Reply to
daytripper

Here are couple of things you can try. One of them worked for my 99 A4

2.8L.

Audi A4 & A6 (All years)

Turn off the ignition Press and hold the button on the left side of the display while turning the ignition on Service OIL will be displayed Pull out the button on the right side of the display until the service prompt is cleared The display should now read --- If the above procedure does not work, outlined below is an alternative procedure: With the ignition off, push the right button Turn the ignition on and then pull the left button This should clear the warning message

To reset the OIL message on the speedometer display, turn off the ignition. Press and hold the button on the left side of the display while turning the ignition on. Service OIL will be displayed. Pull out the button on the right side of the display until the service prompt is cleared. The display should now read ---. If this procedure does not work, follow this procedure: With the ignition off, push the right button. Turn the ignition on and then pull the left button. This should clear the warning message

Reply to
profits23

I don't have my owner's manual in front of me but it calls out how to do this in the owner's manual. It was added as a feature for the B6 A4. B5's (2001-1996) could not reset the interval without the Vag-com tool. B6's DO NOT need the Vag-com tool to reset it.

-Turn your car off (ignition off)

-Hold the "Wrench" button located at the base of your cluster.

-Turn the igntion on until cluster lights up (you do not need to start car). "SERVICE" will appear in the cluster display.

-Continue Holding the Wrench button and press Trip Odometer Reset button (0,0) until the text is cleared.

Good luck. Dan

Reply to
Dan

Reply to
profits23

Reply to
Lez Pawl

"Lez Pawl" wrote

Not sure I understood... it requires both a VAG Tool and a VAG-COM? This doesn't make sense. Usually one or the other is suffcient, either the VAG Tool that is the OEM solution, or VAG-COM, which is a 3rd party solution by Ross-Tech. The latter is available to anyone. The former - not sure, but it may be limited to business affiliated with VAG only.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Simply: you can turn off the indicator with *either* a real VAG Tool, or with a registered version of the VAG-COM software and a supported dongle.

I don't know if the former can be bought by the man-on-the-street, but in any case it's likely to cost ten times what the VAG-COM package costs...

/daytripper

00 s4 6spd
Reply to
daytripper

and the real VAG tool is called "VAS xxxx"m e.g. VAS 5051. Take a look:

Regards, Sami

Reply to
Sami Heikkinen

Nowadays these OEM equipments should be available to others than authorized service providers. At least this is the case in Finland. Although the importer (authorized) ties to make others life as difficult as possible. I heard the one garage sent their VAS tool to the authorized VAG importer company for software update they hold the equipment for almost 4 months :)

Regards, Sami

Reply to
Sami Heikkinen