2003 A6 2.7T new owner

I just bought a used 2003 A6 Turbo and have many questions:
Can I buy a repair manual for it? It only came with 1 key, what is the best (cheapest) way to get new keys?
Is it hard to change the spark plugs? There is a whining sound coming from the engine when it is first started and is cold, and it goes away after about 5 minutes - any ideas? The silly cup holder between the seats will not lock into the closed position - how do I pull the center console to repair it? The front VC rubber covers are torn - are their split replacement boots available for me to use? My car has 75,000 miles on it - should I be looking to replace the timing belt? The manual says to change the brake fluid every 2 years (this has never been done) - is this really necessary? Is it worth re-chipping this car for more HP?
Any other things I might want to know about?
Many thanks!
Don
Don Gunn wrote:

if available at all.

including binding to your car.

but others have had bad experiences with the split boots.

interference engine with 30 little valves that like to stick themselves into pistons. Find a good local independent shop to do this and be sure they know Audis. With the requires parts (tensioner pulley, water pump, idler pulley, thermostat and belt) this should cost somewhere between $600 and $1,000.

the job easier.

This engine is very strong and dependable but does have a reputation of having small oil leaks at the cam seals in the rear of the heads. The oil will drip on the exhaust manifold and cause an occasional smell. No big problem and really doesn't affect the oil level as the quantity is very small. It can be corrected but the job is fairly big and it is better to just put up with the leak.

"TonyJ" wrote

Also, if he has ESP, he will need a VAG-COM or VAG-tool to actuate the ABS pump in order to get most of the brake fluid out of the system.
Pete

You only need to do this if the pump has run dry. It is not necessary for normal bleeding.
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/absbleeding.html
Richard
"Richard Goulding" wrote

I believe it is part of the standard brake fluid bleed: http://tinyurl.com/yklaze
However, as this following tidbit from a Bentley manual suggests, it may not be required on newer versions of ESP: http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/935377.phtml
Regards, Pete
Don Gunn wrote:

You can buy a full repair manual at a dealer, should include all manuals,ie. radio etc. the keys you have to buy them from the dealer, and immobilize them( program)to the car, if you dont> you cant start your car with the new keys. Plugs are not hard to replace, but they will be if you dont know what you are doing. The whining sound is your secondary air pump working, its normal for it to run for about a minute or two when first started. The cupholder you have to replace. VC???? if you mean c/v joints on front axles, they are sold separatly in the dealer but not sure if you can get them aftermarket. but it is easier and cheaper to get a whole rebuilt axle. Timing belt, water pump thermostat, belt tensioner, and roler should be done at 60k. yes replace the brake fluid its cheap. Honestly I had a friend that chipped his 2.7 A6 it didint work for him too long, he had all sorts of problems afterwards.