2004 Audi A6 - 2.7 S-Line

Just saw this car at local dealers lot yesterday; Curious about the HP - Is it 250 or 265? TIA,

"Jim May" wrote

250.
Cheers,
Pete
250 applies to the 3.2V6 (New A6)
The bi-turbo 2.7 A6 has 265bhp (1997-2004my)

"John105" wrote

Maybe in Europe it has 265hp, but I was assuming the OP was in the US, and if so, it has 250hp:
http://www.audiworld.com/model/a6/04/04a62_7t.pdf
Cheers,
Pete

Not so. In the UK, it was 230bhp until late 2001, then it was 250bhp. The UK S4 was 265bhp. I believe that all 2.7Ts (S4 and A6), sold in the USA, were 250bhp.

Fair play... I was talking about the UK market.

Yep, but no A6 2.7T has ever been built with 265bhp - only 230 or 250.

Yes, UK cars had 230bhp.......it's been a long day

Thanks guys for "all your exchanges of info"... JMay

The US version of the 2004 A6 2.7T is rated at 265 horsepower, as stated on the US Audi website. The NEW 2005 A6 with the 3.2 is rated at 255 horsepower.
Randy

Of course the 2.7T in "S-Line" tune also makes a fair amount more torque than the new 3.2 and has "steam-engine pull" above about 3,000 RPM. I seriously doubt if the new 3.2 will be as quick. Steve Grauman