2004 S4 - Owner Opinions?

Already scrolled through the Audi World forums... Wanted to hear from the folks here...
I test drove it twice, I love the car, I just worry about passenger space, and
Audi's recently sinking reliability issues. Also, how is the car on long trips? I currently drive a 1997 Mercedes Benz E420, and I'm ready for a change. I'm an aggressive driver, but I'm trying to decide between the S4 and a used Lexus LS430. I know both cars are night and day different. I think the Lexus is a better package for long drives and my commute, but the S4 is so damn fun (Lexus is NOT fun, but has more creature comforts). Also the Audi dealer is offering to sell me a "buy-back" S4 with only 800 miles on it. (silver, automatic) Should I look closer or steer clear? He said the warranty on a buy-back car is actually longer than one on a new car? As if it's automatically extended? He said he wasn't sure the reason it was a buy-back, but he would know as soon as they took delivery.
Randy in Chicago
I also forgot to ask THE big question... What are they coming off the lots at? How much over invoice or off list? The dealer said they "don't discount them because of high demand". I think that's BS, since the dealer I was at had EIGHT to choose from, and the 2005s will be in production soon. Love to hear what was paid...
Randy
Try a GS430. More sporting than the LS and you still get the best reliability in the world. More like the same size as an S4, too.
You are wise to be concerned about Audi quality. CR recently mused about the falling quality of all the German auto makers of late. Good question to ask yourself is if you really want to get involved with that sort of thing in a $50,000 car?
--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."