2006 A3 head unit facia adaptor

Anyone know (as I'm getting contradictory info online) if a March 2006 Audi A3 Symphony CD player can be removed to take a facia adaptor for a Sony minidisc head unit, and changer?

Some sites say yes, the FP-05-08 facia, but others seem to say no for post-2004 cars, that would only work if the existing unit was by BOSE (was that standard in Audis at some point?)

This same head unit/changer worked fine in my old 2000 A3 (which had a Concert radio/tape) but that was the one with the external amp behind the left side boot panel - which I don't think this 2006 car has.

Thanks

Reply to
Alex