2006 A4?

A neighbor of mine was telling my wife that he had heard the new 06 A4 was going to be "bigger" than the current model.. Where can I find some info on this new model???

Reply to
Troy Bruder

Depends what you mean by 2006, the new A4 has only just been released there wont be another one for at least another 3 years.

She's lying :)

You sure he she was talking about the size of the car....... :)

Reply to
Ronny

A mid-cycle A4 - labelled as a 2006 - will be released in the Spring of this year. Google to your heart's content.

Reply to
Bill T

It's already released in Europe, so its cant be a 2006, maybe a 2005.5.

Its the B7 which replaced the B6

Reply to
Ronny

I was at the dealer this past week getting repairs on my 01 A4.

When I wasn't sure what was wrong with my car, I asked about when the new A4 was coming in. They are calling the new A4 a 2005.5 not a

2006.
Reply to
Curtis Newton

Yes, 2005.5, and it is gorgeous.

Reply to
KLS

I'll reserve judgement on how gorgeous it is until I see it -- I'm not so sure about that big grill on a small car -- but seeing it in person might make all the difference. What I am excited about is the 2.0 turbo with 200 hp and, maybe just maybe, they'll put DSG into the A4 (fingers crossed) when it's time for me to trade. Now that will be an incredible A4.

In the meantime, my White Pearl 2001 A4 1.8T Quattro Sport rocks -- I love that car!

Reply to
Tony Kizlauskas

No, it's the same floorpan, Tony, just updated front and rear along with new (more powerful) engines and a few interior changes (like Nav+).

Boy, I'd love to have the 200 horses of the 2.0FSI engine....

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

The new A4 has been on sale since Oct04 in the UK, and it is so little different from the previous A4 that I went for a nearly new 2004 A4 to save some cash.

All they have done is some cosmetic changes and some tweaks to the suspension to improve the handling.

Mind you, when people start talking about good handling,this is usually a euphemism for uncomfortable motorway cruising !

Reply to
John Rogula

That's *not* the new A4 the OP was referring to. That's the *current* A4...

Reply to
daytripper

It might be the current model for us in Europe, but I don't think you've got the new B7 model in the USA yet.

I certainly don't think the OP will be seeing a B8 for a few years.

Reply to
Peter Bell

Except for the fact, the 2005.5/2006 A4 in the USA will have an option for a 2.0L turbo and a 3.2L V6 vice the 1.8T and 3.0 V6.

-

-- cnewton at akaMail.com Anti-Spam filter in place--

Reply to
Curtis Newton