2007 A3 - mechanics of opening the door

When I open the door of my 2007 A3 3.2 after the car has been locked for a while, electric motors whir for about three seconds. What's it doing? It sounds a bit like it could be opening cabin air vents, but the sound is difficult to locate.

Reply to
Kevin McMurtrie

Tonight it was quiet in the garage and I could hear humming and gurgling when I opened the door. It's the fuel system priming.

Reply to
Kevin McMurtrie

I think Audi is running out of space under A3 hood and is offloading non essentials such as A/C into the doors :^)

Reply to
AD

On Thu, 12 May 2011 22:43:53 -0700, against all advice, something compelled Kevin McMurtrie , to say:

My TT does the same thing, and I suspected it was the fuel pump getting ready to do its thing.

Reply to
Steve Daniels