2ka4/1.8: repair estimates help

My 2000 a4 / 1.8T has accumulated some repairs that I'm going to tackle all at once. I live in North America. New England, actually.
I'm going to handle a number of them myself, I hope, but I was wondering
if anyone here had any thoughts as to the cost I should expect to pay (dealer or other shop or done by myself), and if any of them are worth tackling on my own.
Not in any particular order:
1. The /electric/ fan in the front has worn bearings (please no one lecture me about tightening the fan belt, it really isn't the one that's screeching.)
2. Two wheels have worn breaks: RF, and RR. Do I need to replace the sensor as well? Do I /really/ need to replace the rotors everytime? I keep hearing that the rotors on audi's these days are far too thin to be turned. How bad is it for me to just keep slapping new pads on until the rotors are obviously HORRID? And are aftermarket break parts really gonna squeak and warp on audi's like my mechanic warns?
3. RF also has a worn wheel bearing. Can't do that myself. Dealer or 3rd party ok?
4. Over 60k miles. I'm hearing that the a4's are known for early timing belt breakage. Obviously nothing I'm doing. But I had my mitsubishi eclipse GSX turbo TB replaced once by a 3rd party who botched the bejeebers outta it and I lost like 40% power. Are the audi TB's as "tricky" to do?
5. Need a new set of plugs. I've done this before on my own with my eclipse, but what is a good price to expect for it to be done by others?
6. Driver-side door handle is loose as all get out, but works. I've heard that it usually means that some lever arm inside has broken. Is this hard to do?
Thanks so much!!!!!!
Thomas
--
While using is ok, actually /writing/ free software is a disingenuous
activity. You can afford to write software for free only because of
wrote in message

I love posts like this. Wham wham wham wham done.
Thanks!