4,000 RPM Cruise in A4 1.8 OK for Engine???

Hello All-
I recently traded in my 1997 A.4 2.8 Q for a 2002 A4 1.8 Q.
I love the new car. My old car had a 6 cylinder engine, but it was an automatic. My "new" car has a 4 cylinder turbo, but it's a 5-speed.
Even though my new car is less powerful, it feels peppy to me and has more than adequate power for me.
I don't customarily cruise long distances at 80 mph, but certainly do go that fast, and sometimes slightly faster, for fairly long stretches. Now, in my old car, I think the engine turned over considerably slower at that speed. In this car, at 80 mph, the engine is turning nearly 4,000 rpm. So, my question is, is it OK to cruise at that engine speed? Will it hurt anything? Will my engine wear out faster due to the increased rpm? Sounds awfully fast, but maybe I'm just used to the 6 cylinder which cruised at a more relaxed engine speed. I know the redline is like 6,500 rpm, so this should be OK, but just wondering whether others have any insight?
Thanks for any comments. Love this car....

That's perfectly fine. As you noticed, it is a rather high-revving engine - that's where all the fun is. I'd just suggest using high quality synthetic oil in it, to extend its life as well as the life of the turbo.
Cheers,
Pete

No problem - you're only just getting on the torque curve at that point
If engines broke at 80mph+ cruise, then they'd be a lot of dead cars on UK/French/Belgian/Dutch/German/Spanish motorways/autoroutes/freeways ;o)
--

Hairy One Kenobi

Thank you all for your replies. I was pretty sure this was not an issue but was just looking for positive reinforcement/reassurance, which you have provided.
My old (97) A4 with the 6 cylinder was a lovely car, but the automatic gave it a different personality than my "new" '02 A4 1.8 with the 5 speed. The older car was very quiet, smooth. This car is more fun to drive. The turbo makes it fun too. Entirely different personality. Not as quiet, maybe not quite as refined, but I'm enjoying it immensely.
Thanks for your help.