4.2 A6

I currently have a 99 2.8 A6 with 106k and am thinking about moving to a 2001/2002 4.2 A6. Anyone have any opinions on the 4.2 version?
What kind of gas mileage can I expect? I currently get about 21 mpg with
the 2.8 A6.
Thanks! John
On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:16:06 -0400, "John Clark"

I had a 2000 A6 4.2 and loved it. One of the best cars I've ever owned. I got about 23 mph on a trip, and about 18 driving around town. The only problem in three+ years was a leaky xmsn seal, fixed under warranty.
When I bought my RS6, I sold the A6 to my son-in-law. He has driven it for two years with no problems.
Dave

A friend of mine just got a 2000 4.2 and loves everything about it.....except the gas mileage. According to him, practicing anything other the most conservative style of driving leads to "city" mileage in the low to mid teens and "highway" mileage in the upper teens.
Rob 2002 A4 3.0Q 2005 TT 3.2 DSG