83 Audi 5000 chk eng. light

Where is the button to turn this off? Always thought they were behind the speedo.Can't seem to find it............................Anyone?

Joe, you can pull the instrument cluster and remove the bulb (did that with the ABS OFF light on my '87) - or use electrical tape....... but seriously, if you're getting a light on all the time you've got a serious fault going on - the fault memory on the earlier type 44 cars is not retained when the car is turned off. Consult the owner's manual or a copy of the Bentley Manual to troubleshoot. Or let us know any symptoms and we'll give our 2c. It may be something as simple as replacing an oxygen sensor..... Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

oops my bad meant to say oxs light. Light is tied to recorder module that trips @ 90000. I found it reset it and all is well..Thanks for the reply though Joe