85 5000 turbo diesel canadian version question

on the right side of the head at the very back at the top are two threaded holes between these lower down is another hole. this is what the question is what is this hole for. there was a rubber plug (some
aftermarket thing) in there, I would like to find oput what this is or was for. My dealer has no clue (Winnipeg Man CA) and my mechanic doesn't know either. This hole is not quite round and does not connect with the coolant just oil seeps out.
Picture available (1000 words couldn't quite describe this)
Any help or ideas? Thanks snipped-for-privacy@gokenora.com Jack
Jack, Greetings to Winnipeg! It could be a connection for something which is unused in your car - the plug could be where they got the sand out of the casting. Send me a picture and I'll take a stab at it. Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k - bought new by Eldon Brown, http://www.lynnlake.ca/tourism_history.html , my Grandfather 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)