86 audi 5000 cs quatro problems

I have an 86 5000 cs quattro. the car has a new alternator, battery, and starter... intermittently when you go to start the car all the dash lights and things come on but all you get is a click at the starter. the car
sometimes dies while driving. the only way to get it restarted is to hook it up to my 200 amp jump start charger...but the battery in the car is good... we keep going through wires ... testing different things but have found nothing... any suggestions???
Dusty

did you check the output of the alternator? check it at the alternator and also at the battery, compare results. if they are the same, constant and within spec. = look elsewhere. if they are different find where the "leak" is. Mine was at the grounding points for the alternator. I took the alternator off along with brackets and cleaned all of the metal well and this resulted in finding an extra 1 full volt output getting to the battery. <g> If yours is an automatic (I am not up on the 5000 csq) you might have a defective Neutral Safety Switch. You could also have a weak/defective ign switch, or it's wiring. Not sure why connecting a booster helps all of the time, but I guess it would add more current going through a possibly weak link. good luck! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris