87 5KSQ speedo in-op REPOST

Hello all...not sure if the first post got through...all of a sudden this morning, my speedometer in my 87 5KSQ (manual 5-speed) went out. Just stopped working altogether. I've never had any hint of a problem
from either the speedometer or odometer before. I'm thinking it may be a bad/broken/disconnected speedo cable...anyone have any ideas? And approximate repair prices? Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks...
jason

AFAIK the speedo should be electronic, no speedo cable involved. What you may have is a bad connection somewhere on the instrument unit. I had a similar problem with mine on a 1989 200(UK). Go to http://audifans.net/modules.php?name=Forums and to the "100, 200, V8 and early A6" forum. You will see a thread titled "Jumping speedo needle fix" which gives you an idea what to look for.
Hope that helps
--
IRL (aka 5potnoodle)
1989 A200TQ Avant (1B engine) 217000 miles and counting....