'88 Audi 90 dash illumination

Would it be normal for the digital clock inside the tachometer to be illuminated?
The tachometer itself is, though slightly dimmer in the redline area.
Wondering if a bulb's gone or if it even exists.
Haynes doesn't detail this in their type 89 workshop book, other than mentioning the LCD clock as an option.
--
Sune Stjerneby < snipped-for-privacy@vmunix.dk>

Hi Sune,
I had a 1992, 90 a while back, and everything was illuminated on the dash. Sounds like one or more of your bulbs have blown. Sorry I can't recall how to take the instrument panel out on this car, but you should get that from your Haynes Manual.
Good luck,
Gary
the clock illuminates when the ignition is on, and dims using a second bulb when the lights are on, the rev counter should illuminate evenly if not a bulb is blown, simply take the steering wheel off , and take out the display two philips screws at the top once it is out and unhinge it , you will see the bulbs, good luck
www.audicd.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
news.blueyonder.co.uk wrote:

Thanks, this did the trick.
Couldn't get the wheel off (horn pad seemed very intent on staying in place) but I managed to get at the panel by removing the shroud in between.
( results:
http://moof.dk/90/newbulbs.jpg )

--
Sune Stjerneby < snipped-for-privacy@vmunix.dk>