89 200 Upholstery Problem

The upholstery is pulling loose from beneath the window trim on the left rear door of my 1989 200 Turbo (FWD). The upholstery shop says it is a very bad design and can't be repaired. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to secure/repair it? (Type of glue, tacks or what). Car is otherwise immaculate. Thanks! Larus

Reply to
Larus

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Reply to
Larus

I used super glue...hasn't come loose again.

Reply to
Stephen Clark

This is interesting...my 88 A100 has the same problem on the same door. When I was looking to buy, another 88 A100 had the same problem...on the same door!

Sorry, but I've not got a solution yet.

(The door trim on the pre-revision A100s is much nicer IMO)

Gary

Reply to
Gaz B

Sounds funny, same problem on same door (rear left) in my 89 100 2.2 The rest of the doors are fine. Blue trim, but I don't think it makes any difference.

Reply to
David Pernas