89 Audi 100 - No Start, Battery OK, What next?

Is this better? I don't see how you could take my reply personally. I simply explained why I prefer top posting. I am not the least bit contemptuous of you at all... you completely misinterpreted! In fact I thanked you for helping me understand why some people are complaining. You see top posting all the time in this group. I don't want to get embroiled in another posting style controversy, because this one has no answer. People do it both ways in this and other groups.

Reply to
Stephen Clark

Can all this be easily solved by eliminating all of the old message then there is no top nor bottom posting. But then no one will know what I am talking about?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Apparently that will work if you don't change the subject line!

But, then when the conversation morphs into something other that the original subject like this one did, no one would know what you are talking about based on what's in the subject line.....that's the reason I deleted all the old text and changed the subject line to reflect more accurately what I was talking about, and that's what got some people's noses out of joint.

You can't please all of the people all of the time.....

Reply to
Stephen Clark

Ahhh now I see clearly! 8^) thanks

Reply to