'89 quattro 200 theft-alarm system - how to disable?

I want to disable the alarm system - it does not work properly (in fact, it goes off at rather odd times). How can I disable it (remove fuse, etc.)?
thanks,
David snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

IIRC, there is a fuse (#5 maybe?) that controls the alarm, the dome lights, and one or two other details. When my alarm malfunctioned, I just popped it out for a while.
--
Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7) snipped-for-privacy@zk3.dec.com
HP/Compaq Corporation snipped-for-privacy@compaq.com