90 V8 Quattro hesitating in very cold weather

I've posted questions about my recently acquired '90 V8Q a couple of times on this forum and everytime the recommendation has been right on. I had a problem today that I'm hoping I can get some insight on. It was very cold, -3F, and after about 10 minutes of freeway driving the engine hesitated and I temporarily lost RPM's and power, but it only lasted for a few seconds before the RPM's came back up. Then it repeated 3 or 4 times and eventually went away. I'd say the engine was 80% warmed up at this time.

I'm wonder if this was just gas line freeze or if this is just another one of those things V8 Quattros do.

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tom

I would guess you have moisture in your fuel and ice crystals might be bunching up in the fuel filter. Try a can of fuel de-icer.

Audi runs high fuel pressure (60 psi or so) which might cause it to be sensitive to contamination from ice.

or

You could be experiencing an intermittent problem with your fuel pump relay but this is not as likely.

T> I've posted questions about my recently acquired '90 V8Q a couple of times

Reply to
Tony