90k tuneup

Hi, folks. At 69,000 miles, my 98 A4 2.8 Quattro car had its timing belt, water pump, tensioners, and thermostat replaced. Now we're at almost 88,000 miles, and it's due for an oil change and tuneup. My independent shop is telling me I'll need to fork over around $500 for a tuneup that includes an oil change, spark plugs (wires not included!), air and cabin filters, and that's about it other than checking over the car and lubricating stuff and topping off fluid levels. I'm sorry, but that seems expensive!

What would be a reasonable price for this kind of job, barring a serpentine belt replacement (that might need to be done since the belt is original)?

Reply to
KLS

Tony

Time to get oil on your hands perhaps....

Reply to
Alec