'91 200T Interior work

My '91 200T is showing it's age. The headliner fabric is separating from it's support (I assume it's a cardboard type carrier). I need advice on how to repair this - or should I look for a replacement at
a wrecking yard?
CadFactor, If you search on Audifans under "headliner" and "tacks" or "pins" you'll see what others have done - everything from getting a replacement from an earlier model Audi (not sure of the year, possibly an '85 5000, without the glued-in headliner) to totally ripping it out and forgoing a headliner altogether (yuck) The problem is that the fabric is bonded to a foam, which is glued to the headliner backing board. In order to replace it, you have to cut the existing one out and glue a new one in. The ones in the wrecking yards will probably have the same problems as yours - the foam disintegrates over time. The best idea would be to look for the '85 (or so) headliner as a replacement. It's not the same, but I'd say it's better than using pushpins (which are like darts when you open the sunroof). I have yet to hear about somebody doing a "Chia Pet" headliner - I'm sure it'll be any day now..... Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

at