93 Audi 100 Power Steering Noise.

My 93/94 Audi 100 has a noise coming from somewhere as I turn the steering wheel. All OK in a straight line, just a hydraulic noise when on the turn. Is this normal, or indicating a problem with the pump or steering rack?
Regards,
Edd.
Have you checked the hydraulic fluid level? The moan when turning usually means that you are low on fluid, which is generally because you are losing fluid in the pump, rack, or lines.
This is a very expensive problem to repair if allowed to progress to total system failure. Have it checked out now.
Walt Hanks (I just paid $1800 for a new pump and lines on my '90 V8Q)

Thanks Walt, but the fluid level is fine. Edd
wrote:

steering
turn.