93 Audi 100s "fail safe mode with auto Trany

Anyone know if there is a way to "re-set" the trany after it goes into "fail safe mode"?? I don't think there is anything wrong with the tranny because it went into fail safe mode after I pulled a fuse while the car was running and I also put the car in reverse with the emergency brake on so I could check to see if my reverse lights were working. After I did these two things the tranny won't shift out of 2nd gear. I read my manual and it "talked" about a fail safe mode.

Reply to
audijlp

Erh, I usually find a) someone that can help me. b) find a large window that reflects the lights of the car and that way check all lights.

Other than that I cannot give you any advice as to how to get your tranny out of safe-mode.

Reply to
BBO