93 Audi Quattro transmission

I am having problems with my 1993 Audi a4 quattro AWD Sedan Transmission, the dashboard panel where it tells you (P-N-D-3-2-1) is lit up and when I drove the car I noticed the transmission will not shift. The rpm go up but the transmission will not shift from 1st gear. Can anyone help??

Thanks, Michele

Reply to
Michele Medina

Possibly the vehicle speed sensor or wiring on the transmission. Might be two sensors on yours, one for the speedo and one for the Transmission Control Module/Unit. They both register the speed of the vehicle but if one goes bad there is no info to read and the transmission thinks you are standing still. 8^o Your vehicle might have on board diagnostics that will allow a scanner to read what has happened or is happening.

Now was there an Audi A4 back in 1993? That is a not one I recall in the USA since they came out in 1996 here, so which country is this? BUT I could be wrong! JMHO

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1