94 S4 crank but no start

Hello, Background: 1994 S4, 169K. Fully serviced, all belts, pumps, fluids, plugs, filters, you-name-its been done. Car is mechanically and (was) electronically up to date and perfect. TAP 1+ chipset, forge BOV, cold
air intake, no kitties. Ok, with that knowledge... The other day, the check engine light came on for the first time while driving . I turned car off to see if it would reset the light and the car wouldn't restart. It cranks but will not fire. I came back about 4 hrs. later and the car fired right up so I drove it home. On the way home the light came. I noticed an immediate lack of power, but the car did not stall out. The light went out a bit later. When arriving home I turned off car and it would not restart. Again, crank but no fire. I pulled the codes from it crossing the A1 and B1 connectors. Codes were: 2113 2114 2111 2324 I understand that it will throw the Cam sensor code if the engine is not running so I cannot tell if this is the culprit but I am leaning in that direction. Any advice or past cam sensor experience? Thanks, Nate
Sounds like it might be the fuel pump.
If you go out at night (or any times it's pretty quiet outside), wind your windows down, put the key in and turn it to 'ON' (the one before the engine cranks).
Listen out of the window, you should here a quiet buzzing for a couple of seconds as the fuel pump starts up. If you don't, I'd guess that the pump is going out, and might not last more than a few more starts. You might want to try this test a few times.. the pump went out on my car a few months ago.. about one time in ten the pump would buzz. When it does you'll be able to start the car, otherwise not.
It could be something entirely different, just talking from experience :-)

I checked that 1st, due to owning a couple 5000tqs who are known to have fuel pump (f/p) issues or just faulty f/p relays. I do hear the f/p running but only when I start it. I believe these f/ps on the S4's are setup to come on when there is oil pressure and thus may not run when the key is ON and the engine is OFF. It does hum when I crank the engine. Thanks for the advice, N.P.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You are correct, sir!
:)
E.P.
1995 UrS6
Ok! Well, I took on the task of replacing the Hall sensor (cam position sensor) and I spliced/soldered/heat shrinked in a new one and after resetting the timing belt back into place (you have to remove the cam gear to get at the sensor). I fired up the car!! It's alive! Yeah!! Praise God for His help and answered prayer! If anyone needs assistance on this proceedure email me snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com. I may write up a step-by-step for a later post.... Thanks! Nate
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Yes! There is a wealth of info on CPS sensors, replacement, and cheaper solutions.
Goto:
forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/
This subject has been discussed in the past week.
--
E.P.

1995 UrS6
Thanks Ed, I did happen upon that thread last night and ordered a pair of the hall sensors(one for a spare). $40 for two including shipping! Sure beats $199+s/h from all those other places! I'll keep you all informed!
-- N.P.