95 and 96 A6 oil leak

I've been told that the mjor cause of oil leaks is due to the gasket for the cam adjuster. What is the consensus on this. Any easy (quick) modes of repair?

Reply to
j glantz

I think I may have a leak from one of them on my a4 v6.

This link shows the replacement procedure.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding

Cam adjuster? Do you mean Cam cover? If so then its the same for A4s etc....

Only viable repair is to replace the gasket (or gasketS on a V6!)

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

Reply to