95 audi 90 reliability?

I am looking at an audi 90S quattro w/ 130K on it. It had the timing belt/water pump, etc at 117K. Anything else to look for? thanx, andy

Reply to
andy

Silent blocks on front wheels triangle might be worn. If worn, you feel them moving while driving slowly and pressing/letting go, the gas pedal. Typically, the car should be o.k.

Ronald

Reply to
reply

I have one with 180K. I've had to replace the normal wear parts in the suspenstion and normal service items. Last weekend I rebuilt the heads (valve guides, seals). When I was in there, I could still see the original machining marks on bearing races and cylinder walls! I expect a long life out of that engine.

This engine was known for more oil consumption than others and oil leaks in the upper engine. Nothing major.

I've had mine for 5 years. I bought it with 100,000 miles in 1999. After fixing some vacuum leaks and some normal maintenance things, it runs better now than when I bought it. I intend to keep it for a while. I sold my last audi (1985 4000Q) with 315,000 miles only because I wanted a newer model with the V6. It still ran great and used no oil.

Gene

Reply to
Gene Buckwalter