95 audi quattro window/sunroof-no worky!

Neither the automatic sunroof nor windows work- I checked voltage coming to the driver side window control module and got 1.23 volts to each control-When you press the button for up or down, the voltage goes to
Zero- I assume that is correct and that Im not reciveing enough voltage to the control units- Could this be due to the window/sunroof relay? I've checked the circuit breakers under the kick panel(drivers side) and they check out. I dont know of any way of checking the relay itself- ANYBODY GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS AS SOURCE OF PROBLEM? I COULD REPLACE THE RELAY BUT THEY WANT AROUND 300 BUCKAROOS AND IF THAT HAPPENS TO NOT FIX THE PROBLEM THEY WONT TAKE BACK THE PART-UP TURD CREEK