97 AUDI A4 OIL PRESSURE PROBLEM? HELP?

I JUST BOUGHT A USED A4-1997 AND THE OIL LIGHT CAME ON SO I HAD THE OIL CHANGED I THINK THEY USED 5W-30 BUT THE OIL LIGHT STILL COMES ON INTERMIDENTLY THE OIL LEVEL IS FULL
IS SOEMTHING WRONG WITH THE PRESSURE OR ANY OTHER ADVICE TO CHECK WITH OUT SPENING BIG BUCKS ON REPAIR
HOCKEYGUY wrote:

It's telling you it needs to be changed. You can reset it. See www.audifans.com
Yeah...and hey Hockeyguy, you're off the rink, so you can stop yelling now. Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

I would say it's telling you to get the oil pressure checked!
When my oil warning came on (only at high revs > ~2800 rpm), I was told by the local mechanic that it was very likely an electronic fault. ("If you can see the oil on top and it doesn't heat up, ..."). He wasn't able to check the pressure himself.
Eventually I drove to the audi dealer about 20km from us. It was the oil pressure, but it was too late :-(
Luckily, I found a very good condition engine on a scrap yard, but it seems when they put it in all pipes around the engine desintegrated plus an engine mount. In the end I spend almost as much on this as I did to buy that car in the first place ...
I would say better get the pressure checked right now!
Christoph
P.S. I did learn a lot in the mean time: For some reason, they have two sensors on the engine: - One gives a fault if the pressere is below 0.3bar - The other gives a fault if the pressure is below 1.8 bar, but the autocheck system only complains if the engine refs with >2800 rpm. This made me believe that I only had a problem when I went fast. However, the other sensor was probably broken. This is indicated by an oil warning before the engine is started. However, I was used to cars where the oil lamp always comes on before the engine is started, so I didn't worry about that. I know better now.
Therefore: To all with autocheck systems, if the oil warning comes on before the engine is started, and then goes off again, it might be a faulty oil sensor.
--
Important: Emails sent to me which contain my full name
in the "to:" or "cc:" field will bypass my spam filter.