'98 A-4 Headlights Dim - Barely See the Road

Love almost everthing about my '98 A-4 except the headlights barely light the road on a clear night ... any fog, mist, or similar and there's little to see by.

Have replaced the lamps and had them aligned to no avail.

Have an A-6 w/the Xenons and std. lights on a Volvo and no such problem.

Any (at "reasonable cost") suggestions. Many thanks.

Rich in VA

Reply to
NatPAC

Buy Xenon upgrades, fairly cheap around $300

Reply to
Ronny

I can't remember if the '98 uses H4 or H7 bulbs. If the latter, then try Osram Silverstar. Yes, they are only 55 W just like normal bulbs but they give out much more light for the same wattage.

My lighting problems with my '01 A4 Avant (last of the B5 chassis) were solved very nicely with these bulbs, costing approx EUR 35 for the pair.

Not quite as penetrating as Xenons, but somewhat cheaper and less time to install ;-)

/Robert

Reply to
Robert Brown