'98 A4 1.8T Q - Did you ever clean your intercooler?

Is it worth cleaning the intercooler to improve efficiency in the heat of the summer. I've never done it since I bought my car in '98. Has any of you tried? Any experiences? How did you go about it?

Good question and I'd be interested in the answer as I have an S6 with the 2.2L turbo. What may be beneficial is to clean the throttle body and the hoses leading to the intercooler. In my specific example, there is a hose I romoved (the michelin man hose) to get at a coolant hose and this had some residue in it that I cleaned out but other places in the path didn't have much.
Tony 96 S6