98 A4 Quattro 2.8 died at a Stop Light

Hi all,

While stopped a traffic light this morning the engine started running rough and then simply died. I attempted to restart it without success. I had just driven 50 miles without any issues.

The car has 114K miles and has had the timing belt changed as well as all the schedule maintenance performed.

Can anyone give me any idea what could be the cause of this problem ? It is at a dealership now and I would like to get an idea of what I am in for.

thanks in advance,

jim

Reply to
jpmichelson

Tony

including water in the fuel tank, bad fuel filter...

Reply to
daytripper

If your car is at the dealership, I can tell you what you are in for: You will pay about 3x what a capable independent would charge.

Reply to
Dennis Wyatt

pay about 3x what a capable independent would charge.

fwiw, you really need help properly configuring your newsreader.

Ask your room mate...

Reply to
daytripper

While this is true, it may take an independant 3 x longer to diagnose the fault, and 2 x longer to fix the problem, somtimes it's worth paying Audi to fix your car, especially when it just dies.

Servicing etc I would take to a ind anyday

Reply to
Ronny