98 A6 Remote key programming

Who can tell me the secret of re programming my remote lock / unlock?

Nisky Fam wrote:

This procedure [culled from a discussion board] will reprog. the remote[s] but not the immobilizer [if fitted]
David
1. Take the valet key, put it into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position, just prior to starting the car.
2. Roll down the driver's side window (not required, but a good idea in case there's a problem).
3. Exit the car and close the door.
4. With a second key, physically lock the doors (don't use a remote).
5. Take the first remote to be programmed, press one of the buttons and the lights will flash once. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. That first transmitter is now programmed.
6. Lock the door again (physically) with the key, (not the remote).
7. Press one of the buttons twice, the lights will flash twice. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. The second transmitter is now programmed.
For a third transmitter press the button 3 times and for a fourth press 4 times.