99 A6

I just purchased a 99 A6 Quattro. Very nice
One thing that strikes me as odd- does Audi use regular or synthetic oil in these cars? It has a 10,000 mile interval in the book- but at just about 7
quarts maybe the do use regular oil.
I had checked out ML320s & more expensive E320s and Mercedes has the flexible oil changes- about 25,000 miles on mobil 1
I probably will change my own oil- only because its a hassle to get to the dealer -unless the filter is right over an axle- I draw the line at that mess..
Thanks

My Audi dealer still uses dino oil unless specifically requested otherwise. When they were still doing the free (read: "pre-paid") maintenance, I brought my own synthetic 0w30, and made sure that was what was put in before I left...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
john wrote:

Can't help you with the dealer's procedures. I use mobil1 and change the oil annually (12-14,000 mi.). Shop for oil filter prices before you need one, i ran into some sticker shock. I think it was around $15 at the dealer. Not too bad when it's rated for 30 or 35k km, just be prepared. Appearantly, the OEM is Mann and filters can be had online for less than $10. Filter is cake to change (vertically mounted near the front). ramps make life easier in removing the underbody plastic sheathing. Don't forget the 2 screws in each wheel well for it.
Stu

New Audis also have flexible oil changes, if you drive mainly on motorway's/highways the service countdown indicator goes down slower, up to 20k miles, usually most need servicing around 15k miles now, thats a diesel I would imagine a petrol can last longer.
Most older Audis have a 10k/1 year service schedule which ever comes first
Ron