99 A6 2.8 Crusie Conrol

About 4 months ago, I noticed an intermittant problem with the crusie control. Some days, it would not engage, some days it would. This lasted about a week or two, and since then, it just won't engage at
all.
Any ideas what might be wrong and/or where to start looking?.
Thanks...
...Mike
Probably either the switch on the steering column needs contacts cleaned with CRC or if yours has a vacuum switch above the brake pedal it might be sticking or need adjustment.
. . . /\/\ i k e wrote:

I've found this to be the beginning of the end, sorry to say, and it is a very difficult problem to diagnose. However, looks like you got some good advice from TonyJ.
Just a fair warning, it could be very costly to fix, if it can be fixed at all.
I had a control replaced once and it lasted 1 day! LOL