'99 A6 passenger window problem

I have the same problem with a 99 A6Q. I think I've seen in previous posts that the window rails need to be lubed at the least. At worst motor must be replaced. Requires opening the door panel to access the interior of the window well. Not for the faint of heart (read not mechanical minded). Time consuming also (read as expensive for shop). How badly do you need the window to operate? :)

Reply to
Dale Webler

I had the front passenger side window act up on me today on our '99 A6 Avant. When I went to close it, it went up very slowly and stopped about

3/4 of the way up. I lowered it and tried again w/ similar results. I then raised it and 'helped' it by pressing out and upward on the glass w/ it closing completely. At the time this occurred I did not hear any strange noises or anything else unusual. Any BTDT? Thanks
Reply to
Andy

Have a look here.

This is the repair on my A3, but the A6 is very similar- I got the part number from an A6 owner.

There is a small plastic clip that breaks.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Reply to
Dale Webler

It's really not that hard. Took a couple of hours the first time (swapping the regulator), but the other window, (just replacing the clip) i did in about 40 min.

Reply to
Chris Bartram