99 Audi A4

I just bought a 99 Audi A4. Great running cars with no leaks and plenty of power.
Only issure is whenever I turn on the car for the first 15 seconds a
light will flash "service oil"
I just brought in in for an oil change with a check up on all fluids and it came back negative. Any idea if this is a computer chip problem?

Which engine? If it's a 1.8T this might be a prompt to check for a sludge problem...
/daytripper '00 s4 6spd
it's a 2.8 v6

1999 A4 2.8L Automatic

Cool

On my 98 A4, you have to reset the service indicator. The manual shows how or you can probably find it by searching either these archives or the forums on audiworld.com
Jack wrote:

you need the reset computer with VAG-com and the service oil will be off.
I believe the procedure is easier by using the knobs/buttons in the dash. Procedure should be in the owner's manual. I think I had to turn off the service light of a 2000 A4 this way.
This page may help but I am not sure if it works for the '99 http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=reset+service+oil+light+audi+a4 View the proper pdf file link (Audi A4 reset procedure) as html.
or read here http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.audi/browse_thread/thread/c857e80d16943d8d/589033024ac65332%23589033024ac65332
later, dave (One out of many daves)

"Jack" wrote

It's not a problem. Whoever did your oil change (probably not an audi dealer), did not reset the oil reminder indicator. A car has no way of knowing that the oil has just been changed. You need to reset this indicator manually every time you change your oil.
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec26.shtml
Cheers, Pete