'99 Audi A6 Quattro

I have a '99 Audi A6 Quattro with 75k that is rattling in the front when I go over bumps...any ideas?

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:02:21 -0400, "tracycoach"

Check your control arms and tie rod ends.

Control arms -- upper and lower, but the lower ones seem to make more noise when the bushings get worn. -- Jay. (remove dashes for legal email address)
I believe it was recalled for that problem.

Jay Somerset wrote:

Does the facelift (02') version A6 suffer from this problem as well? And when they replace these arms on an A4 or A6, is it fixed for good or will it get back when the new arms got worn? I mean where they able to improve these parts quality and durability or are they replaced with parts of equal (bad) quality?
Jone
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:55:22 +0200, "Jone Tytlandsvik"

I had a track rod end replaced 2 years ago. It had worn out within a year and only 4000 miles. The next one is still OK.
Mark.