99 Audi w/Fan Noise

Electric fan bearing is intermitently crreating a high piched squeal. I am an average weekend wrencher, so I'm not sure just how difficult it might be
to remove the fan and replace. I have the Bently CD manual and it looks somewhat intimidating. Anyone out there replaced a fan? I'd like to know what your experience was (how long did it take, any special tools, etc...) and whether or not you would do it again.
Thanks

The fan is held in with one screw, remove it then turn the assembly to release it. The harness is clipped in around the fan shrouds back to the connector block at the power-steering reservoir. You will need to take the undertray off to access the harness clips. On a Passat I was able to change the fan without moving the lock-carrier, but the A4 looks a little tighter. Fan was 55 in the UK. Rgds Alec