A-4 drive shaft replacement

I need feedback on changing out a drive shaft on my daughter's 97 A-4 Quattro... it has a clunking noise when you start off but smoothes out after. Can this be done fairly easy with a rebuilt shaft assembly?? Thanks
for your advise in advance.

Thanks
Who told you its the drive shaft? Its prob a control arm
clicking noise is definitely rythmic with speed increase from start... stops as you go faster etc.

Rob, Sounds like a CV joint - is it more prevalent in a turn to the left or right? Cheers! Steve Sears 1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

out