A3 2 litre FSI

Hi

I'm looking for people who are experiencing problems with their 2.0 litre FSI A3. My car has spent nearly 8 months in the garage and Audi can only manage to repair the car by 80% but they have given me the car back and are not prepared to take it any further. Therefore, I'm looking for people who have or are having problems with their FSI to get in touch.

Please do not respond directly just reply to the newsgroup.

Thanks

Ben

Reply to
Ralphy

Just out of curiosity: can you elaborate what the problem is?

Thank you.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Pawlinetz

Which country are you in? Don't you have the option to reject the car?

I would consider getting an independent report and potentially legal action against Audi.

Reply to
Dave

Given that they just introduced this engine in the US, I'd be curious as to what the problems are, as well..... Wonder if your car is just a lemon or if it will be a pervasive issue!

Dan D Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

I know you are looking for people with problems but I just thought that I would tell you that my A3 2.0 FSI has been absolutely fine for the last year. The only problems I have heard of is faulty windscreen wiper motors, clutch plate failings and the odd rattle and squeak or two. You may have just gotten a dodgy one. Keep on pushing them to sort it out and if they don't, take legal action. Cheers, Neil

Reply to
Neil Hamilton

Seems like a troll to me, prob best to just ignore him.

Reply to
Ronny

Why do you say that?

Reply to
Neil Hamilton

Yes, the car 'judders' when stationary with the revs fluctuating between 400 and 1600 rpms. On some occasions the car nearly stalls. The problem is more evident when the climate control is set to LO.

Just out of curiosity: can you elaborate what the problem is?

Thank you.

Regards

Wolfgang

Reply to
Ralphy

Don't know if the FSI still keeps the old throtle body. If it does, have them conduct TB adaption.

Then check MAF, oil dip vacuum, replace plugs, and finally, if nothing works, get them to replace the 4 coil packs and the whole ECU. This can be done in less than two hours. Why the eight months?

If the engine has not been abused when cold and oil checks and changes have shown nothing abnormal, it should work fine. If it doesn't, it's probably a real lemon, just drop the car and get them to give you an equivalent discount on a new one.

"Ralphy" escribió en el mensaje news:d6g8p2$jae$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk...

Reply to
JP Roberts