A3 Airbag Module - VW3

I ordered an audi airbag module from a vw/audi breaker - 8L0959655F I received a VW part instead - VW3 1J0909601A
Can anyone tell me if these are the same controller?
I'm trying to get in touch with the breaker but would be grateful for any information in the mean time.
Cheers,
Rob.
The breaker told me it's fine as long as its got the same connection - I don't know that yet, I need to take it to the Auto Electrician for fitting.
Anyone?
Cheers,
Rob.

rbb wrote:

It's worth remembering the A3 really is just a dressed up Golf MkIV (this is not an insult- I'm also an A3 owner), so he could well be right. The best thing to do is compare with the original. I hope your auto electrician has the ability to reset the airbag controls, or you'll get an warning light at best.