A3 change metric/imperial

Hi
I have an A3 (2001) that am about to sell. Since I am european I had the Ausi dealer change the display (mileage & computer info) from imperial
readings to metric. The salesman told me it was a very easy job to change - just hook it up to a computer and change the factory defaults. Another Audi dealer now says that the whole unit has to be changed (lots ) in other for it to go back to imperial meassurements.
What to think? What to believe?
Was it a bigger job to change it initially than the dealer (seller) told me? Or is the the new dealer (buyer) just trying to make money off a false claim? Or does he not know his product well enough to know it is only a matter of hooking it up to a computer.
Who is right here?
I don't know for certain, but one would imagine that if the change can be made one way then it can be made the other way just as easily.
Why not just go back to the original dealer who did the change and ask them to change it back?
Going back to the original dealer is what I want to do, but I thought it could be interesting to know if an official Audi dealer was trying to pull a trick like that.

That dealer is an idiot. Go to another one or find someone with a VAG-COM tool - it's a 1 minute job if you know what you're doing. I've gone back and forth between different units on my '01 A4 numerous times.
Cheers,
Pete
Thanks Pete
Exactly the answer I was hoping for. I must let the dealer know! Fool!