a3 clutch click sound ...

I have an audi A3 with 3800 miles. Just started noticing a clicking sound whenever I engage the clutch. There is a distinct single click when the clutch is passing the friction point. I can turn off the
engine, press the clutch, and hear the sound on releasing the clutch. What can it be? It it something that needs immediate attention?
Thanks!
canoe wrote:

might want to check to see if the cruise control switch that is operated by the clutch pedal is sticking a bit.

How do I check if the cruise control switch is the issue, and what are some other symptoms of a failing throw-out bearing I can look out for?
canoe wrote:

someone else push the clutch in while you listen and watch for any snapping sound. Careful to not catch you fingers in there when it is moving.
The throw-out bearing would be warranty work requiring pulling the trans out of the car.

could also be the pedal return spring, one or other end clicking on its retainer.