a3 clutch click sound ...

I have an audi A3 with 3800 miles. Just started noticing a clicking sound whenever I engage the clutch. There is a distinct single click when the clutch is passing the friction point. I can turn off the engine, press the clutch, and hear the sound on releasing the clutch. What can it be? It it something that needs immediate attention?

Thanks!

Reply to
canoe

Probably not a failing throw-out bearing with such a new car so you might want to check to see if the cruise control switch that is operated by the clutch pedal is sticking a bit.

Reply to
Tony

How do I check if the cruise control switch is the issue, and what are some other symptoms of a failing throw-out bearing I can look out for?

Reply to
canoe

could also be the pedal return spring, one or other end clicking on its retainer.

Reply to
Fergus

To check the cruise control switch you could get under the dash and have someone else push the clutch in while you listen and watch for any snapping sound. Careful to not catch you fingers in there when it is moving.

The throw-out bearing would be warranty work requiring pulling the trans out of the car.

Reply to
Tony