A3 direction indcators

I am in the UK and have a 2002 Audi A3 but am experiencng problems with the direction indicators. Rather than a regular interval between operations they have a variable 'irregular' operation. This happens on either 'left'
or 'right' operation. Has anyone else experienced this ? Any suggestions as to possible causes ?
Thanks and regards,
Bob
Bob,
Hopefully someone who really knows what the problem could be will also answer. But, being a KISS believer, have you checked the bulbs to make sure they're tight? I imagine there is a light somewhere that will tell you if a bulb is burnt out, but maybe if it's just a little loose?
HTH Enjoy Bill
91 Audi 200TQ (has a light that tells me if a bulb is burnt out) 96 Chevy K1500 (flashes really, really fast if a bulb is burnt out)

the
Just replace the central emergency light relay (the piece of plastic you push with the warning triangle on it).
Had to do that twice myself.
JP Roberts

the
Thanks for the advice, I'll try this
Regards, Bob

'left'
suggestions
Welcome, I bet that's the problem in all probability.

with
operations