A3 in USA, anyone demo it yet?

Impressions welcomed. There is only the 2 liter 4banger in the demo model. "Stock expected in a few weeks and V6 in 6-8 weeks time, same engine as A4" - Houston (McHahon?) Dealer

Reply to
Faith

audiusa.com only lists the 2 liter 4 in FWD only! No Quattro! What's wrong with Audi USA?

Reply to
news

The V6 isn't the same engine as the A4 despite them both being 3.2 litres. The A3 engine is a VR6 unit based on the Golf R32 engine. The A4 3.2 V6 is a typical 60 degree V6 but this one has FSI.

Is the 2 litre an FSI unit in the US? Will you be getting the excellent 2 litre TDI?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

ahhhhh A3, my dream hatchback, any idea if they will be available in Canada?

cp

Reply to
cp

Just saw that the A4 3.2 is in fact a 3.1! I think car makers just like round numbers.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Well, 3.123 actually - how often does a car manufacturer round down on engine capacity?

Ah - I've just thought ... my wife's diesel A2 is designated as a 1.4 but the capacity is 1422cc.

Reply to
Peter Bell

Did the demo at Momentum Audi in Houston. Nice 5dr hatchback. 2liter turbo engine. Real peppy 6speed manual, smooth. Got it on the freeway and passed a cop giving out a ticket (I was punching it in 5th, hoping to try out the 6th gear, est. 80mph), slowed for next exit (salesman's suggestion).

Need wife to demo the automatic which should now be there. Like the basic features. None of the options scream out, but performance package has some attractive goodies. All have the 18" wheels, I think, in 3 styles. No MP3 cds yet but navigation option will have two memory stick slots capable of playing mp3s.

3.1 engine coming in around November (salesman estimate).
Reply to
TI

.. actually, a 3.2 (3189cc) 'narrow angle' V6 (based on the old VW VR6 engine).

Reply to
Peter Bell

5dr? You mean 3dr, no?

And 80mph? How was it at 150mph? Though I guess it'd have to be an S3 for that...

3.1 is total overkill for an A3 and American style (meaning slow, less than 150mph) driving

cp

Reply to
cp

It's effectively the A3 sportback from the UK, which is a 5 door estate (Avant).

Reply to
Graham

Oh, I thought it would have been the 3 door hatch, too bad.

cp

Reply to
cp