A4 1.8T quattro

Hi everyone!
Does anybody know if the A4 1.8T quattro come with two exhaust pipes by default? I've seen that in an Official Service, but in the catalogues it
come with only one.
Thanks
"Exceso" wrote

One muffler, but with two outlets/tips.
Cheers,
Pete
Pete wrote:

Depends,
B5 A4's come with twin pipe single exhaust
B6 comes with twin back boxs with single exit located either side of the car < at the back>
And B6 Audi A4 1.8T all come with the twin exit dual back box exhaust not only the quattro models.
"Ronny" wrote

You're absolutely right. I was only thinking about B5 for some reason. :)
Cheers,
Pete
" And B6 Audi A4 1.8T all come with the twin exit dual back box exhaust not only the quattro models."
If you mean 'cat-back' (i.e., from the catalytic converter, to the rear of the car), yes. But that's the US; I recall seeing pictures of European cars that don't have the nice-looking dual outlets, cut into the rear fascia panel. I think theirs are tucked up under the bumper.
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 w/sweet-looking dual tips Central NJ USA
Dano58 wrote: I think theirs are tucked up under the bumper.
UK answer...
that's usually true for the diesel models only from what i've noticed and true across makes

Diesel Models tend to have twin single backbox wich point down on the road, 1.8T b5 has Twin single back box, 1.8 n/a models have a single pipe oval shape.

I paid particular attention to a 2.5TDi earlier today - it had one pip each side of the car, both hidden behing the valance and both pointing down at the road. As others have said, all petrol versions of the B6/B7 appear to have visible tailpipes and, certainly from the 1.8T upwards, one pipe each side. I must look out for 1.6 and 2.0 (non T) models to see whether they have single pipes.

You're lucky to have some many engine choices!! The 2.5TDI must be pretty nice, very torquey, I bet....
Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 Central NJ USA

Probably ... but pity those who choose the 1.6!

Indeed - I was torn between the 2.7T and the 2.5TDi when I was ordering my A6 back in 2000. In the end I did opt for the 2.7T. Of course, the best engine for the A6 range is that fitted in my RS6!