A4 1.8T Timing Belt

Just a quick question to all of you. How much should a timing belt install cost on a 98 A4 with a 1.8? I would do the job myself, but I know I will not have a full day free for over a month and I've put
this off too long as it is. I'n in downstate N.Y.
Thanks, Dave
(Dave) writes:

My mother just did her '97 A4Q1.8T last winter.
IIRC, the timing belt and idler pulleys, etc. (no water pump though) was about $800-ish at an independent shop. Give or take $100. Call around to some shops, it's a fairly standard maintenance item, I'm sure they can give you a price.
--
Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7) snipped-for-privacy@zk3.dec.com
HP/Compaq Corporation snipped-for-privacy@compaq.com
On 5 Jul 2003 08:19:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Dave) wrote:

FYI -
If you are going to do this, make certain you consult the information located in the spare tire wheel well (at least on my 2000 A4 1.8T) and get the engine type right. Mine is an ATW and this is the only place on the entire car I can find this information.
Ken
(Dave) wrote:

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:31:31 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net wrote:

How much to tow the vehicle to the dealer? ;-0